May 8, 2019
Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
Red carpet starts at 6 p.m.
Award show starts at 7 p.m.
Guest Speaker: Michael Phelps
Coaches & Ads
- What is my role in making sure that my nominated athletes are recognized at the Wisconsin High School Sports Awards?
- Participation and responsiveness from our coaches and athletic directors is vital in order for athletes to receive recognition on this special night.
1. As nominees are announced, their names will be posted here.
2. After nominees are announced you will be notified via email and given an RSVP link (also linked above in the navigation bar) to forward to your nominated athlete. Reporters and staff from Wisconsin’s USA TODAY NETWORK publications will be reaching out to you via email to give you the RSVP link.
3. We ask that you forward the RSVP link to parents/guardians of nominees as well. Nominees must receive the link provided to you in order to RSVP. We understand that parents may be more likely to RSVP for their athlete.
If you know that a particular athlete cannot attend, please RSVP that they cannot attend so that we don’t hold a seat for them.
- What’s the difference between a nominated athlete/coach and an invited athlete/coach?
- Nominated athletes and coaches are nominated for an award at the show. Their names will be listed in the nominee section of this website (also linked above in the navigation bar) as they are announced.
Invited athletes and coaches are those that are not nominated for an award but are still invited to the show. This would include Athlete of the Week winners, State Championship team members, etc. Invited athletes and coaches will be invited by Wisconsin’s USA TODAY NETWORK publications.
All nominated athletes/coaches and invited athletes/coaches need to RSVP to reserve their tickets for the event.
- How will I know if one of my athletes is nominated?
- Nominees will be posted here as each season concludes. You will also be contacted via email as nominees are announced. Please check your spam folder regularly.
- How will my nominated or invited athlete RSVP?
- As a coach or athletic director, we ask that you give your nominated and invited athletes the RSVP link. Nominated and invited athletes will fill out the required fields and then submit the RSVP in order to reserve their ticket and their complimentary guest’s ticket.
PLEASE NOTE: Nominated and invited athletes will not be receiving their tickets in advance of the event. They will simply check-in at the event by last name with their complimentary guest.
- How will nominated and invited athletes receive their tickets?
- They will receive their 2 complimentary tickets, one for themselves and one for their complimentary guest, when they check in at the event; they will not receive their tickets prior to the event. Nominated and invited athletes simply check-in at the event by last name with their complimentary guest.
- How will purchased ticket holders receive their tickets?
- Purchased ticket holders will receive their tickets via email attachment after purchasing them. Simply print out your ticket and bring it with you to get into the event.
- I am nominated for Coach of the Year; what should I expect?
- As a nominated coach, you will be asked to RSVP the same way that nominated athletes would. Your name will be listed as a nominee here and you will be notified by Wisconsin’s USA TODAY NETWORK publication’s staff that you have been nominated for an award. They will provide you with the RSVP link (also linked above in the navigation bar). You will receive 2 complimentary tickets; one for yourself and one for a complimentary guest.
You will not receive your tickets in advance of the event. You will simply check in with your complimentary guest at the check-in table by last name.
- My team has been nominated for Team of the Year; what should I expect?
- All members of teams nominated for Team of the Year are invited to attend the event and need to RSVP as other nominated athletes would. Click the RSVP button in the navigation bar to confirm your attendance to the event.