Sideline Selfie Official Rules
THE WISCONSIN “SIDELINE SELFIE CONTEST” OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Sideline Selfie Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents of Wisconsin who are 13 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Wisconsin’s USA TODAY NETWORK publications (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and any other sponsors (“Promotional Sponsor(s)”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 11:59 am EST February 7, 2018 and end at 11:59 am EST on April 27, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, upload a selfie depicting yourself at a high school athletic event to Instagram, and include the hashtag #WISIDELINESELFIE. Photos must include a high school mascot, high school logo, high school sign, or high school name to be eligible. Photos depicting individuals other than the entrant will not be accepted. Entrants Instagram account must be public to be eligible to enter. Photos uploaded to private Instagram accounts, that do not include the required hashtag, or that otherwise do not comply with the terms of these Official Rules will not be eligible. All photos must be the sole, original work of the entrant. Sponsor may display entrants’ photos at the Wisconsin High School Sports Awards on May 11, 2018.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or automated processes will be disregarded. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries (including photos) in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems obscene, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. By entering, you agree to receive emails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such emails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. On or about April 28, 2018, one (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
5. Prizes and Odds. The one (1) Winner will receive two (2) tickets to the Wisconsin High School Sports Awards, will be invited to attend a meet and greet with celebrity athlete guest, Aaron Rodgers, will receive an autographed item signed by Aaron Rodgers, and will have the opportunity to take a professional photo with Aaron Rodgers (Total ARV: $95). The Wisconsin High School High School Sports Awards 2018 Event is to be held on May 11, 2018 at Lambeau Field Atrium. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about April 28, 2018 via direct message to the Instagram account from which the winning entry was submitted. Sponsor will send one (1) direct Instagram message to potential winner and will not send follow-up messages. Potential winner must respond to such direct message within 48 hours. Failure of winner to respond within such time period for any reason or inability of Sponsor to contact potential winner via direct message due to potential winner’s Instagram privacy settings may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected among all remaining eligible entries. Valid photo identification may be required to claim prize. Winner may waive his/her right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian who must sign any affidavit or release required by Sponsor. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including without limitation the Internet, for any commercial or promotional purpose, without further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Instagram from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of this Contest, including but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Contest, the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Contest or any prize. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the entrant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Wisconsin Sideline Selfie Contest, is sponsored by Wisconsin’s USA TODAY NETWORK publications. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after July 10, 2018) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://sportsawards.wisconsinmedia.com/sideline-selfie or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Wisconsin Sideline Selfie Contest” Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Attn: Katie Phelan, 7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22107. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Katie Phelan at email@example.com.